Call of Duty® 2 redefines the cinematic intensity and chaos of battle as seen through the eyes of ordinary soldiers fighting together in epic WWII conflicts. The sequel to 2003’s Call of Duty, winner of over 80 Game of the Year awards, Call of Duty 2 offers more immense, more intense, more realistic battles than ever before, thanks to the stunning visuals of the new COD™2 engine.
- The #1 WWII shooter development team returns with an amazing new experience: Developed by Infinity Ward, creators of the award-winning Call of Duty. All-new, unprecedented enhancements from stunningly realistic graphics to seamless gameplay, thanks to the revolutionary COD2 engine, groundbreaking AI, and choice-based gameplay innovations. Beautifully rendered snow, rain, fog, and smoke, combined with dynamic lighting and shadows, make this the most intense WWII shooter yet.
- New conflicts and enemies to face: Call of Duty 2 brings you bigger battles, with more tanks, troops, and explosions on-screen, and bigger scope, with a wide range of locales and environments across the European Theater. Fight “The Desert Fox” across the scorching sands of North Africa as wave upon wave of tanks clash in the desert. Use rocket-propelled grappling hooks alongside your Army Ranger squad to storm and scale the cliffs of Pointe du Hoc against a relentless German counterassault, and slog through urban chaos as a tank hunter in war-torn Russia.
- Choice-based gameplay: Play through missions in the order you see fit. Will you decide to play first as a sniper or as a tank commander? It’s your call. Open-ended battlefields allow you to individualize your tactics and choose the order in which you complete your objectives.
- Multiplayer Mayhem: Go online for intense Axis vs. Allies team-based multiplayer action, building on the hugely popular Call of Duty multiplayer modes.
- 3D hardware accelerator card required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB hardware accelerator video card and the latest drivers*
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
- Pentium IV 1.4GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1700+ processor or higher
- 256MB RAM (512MB RAM recommended)
- 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- 100% Windows 2000/XP compatible mouse
- keyboard and latest drivers, 4.0GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 600MB for Windows 2000/XP swap file)
- Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
- Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers
- LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers
- Important Notice: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Call of Duty. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0c compatibility.
- Supported Chipsets:ATI Radeon 8500,ATI Radeon 9000,ATI Radeon 9200,ATI Radeon 9500,ATI Radeon 9600,ATI Radeon 9700,ATI Radeon 9800,ATI Radeon X300,ATI Radeon X550,ATI Radeon X600,ATI Radeon X700,ATI Radeon X800,ATI Radeon X850,nVidia GeForce 2 Ultra,nVidia GeForce 3/Ti Series,nVidia GeForce 4/Ti Series,nVidia GeForce FX Series,nVidia GeForce 6 Series,Recommend nVidia GeForce 7 Series or higher