Need for Speed™ SHIFT is an award-winning authentic racing game that combines the true driver’s experience with real-world physics, pixel-perfect car models, and a wide range of authentic race tracks. Need for Speed SHIFT takes players in a different direction to create a simulation experience that replicates the true feeling of driving high-end performance cars.
Players are thrust into the loud, visceral, intense, athletic experience of racing a car on the edge of control from the driver’s perspective through the combination of perception based G-forces, the hyper reality of the cockpit view, and the brutal experience of a first person crash dynamic. Need for Speed SHIFT features an accurate, accessible physics-based driving model that allows you to feel every impact, every change of track surface and every last bit of grip as you push yourself to the edge.
- True Driver’s Experience – A variety of visual cues delivers the true driver’s experience including a three-dimensional HUD that mimics driver head movement, inertia and G-forces.
- Driver Profile – What kind of driver are you? Driver profile tracks the player’s evolution as a race driver from event to event.
- Dynamic Crash Effect – When the player hits a static object or opponent car, the player will feel like they are ‘taking damage’.
- Total Customization – Need for Speed SHIFT features a comprehensive customization option that lets the player tailor every aspect of the cars performance and styling.
- Photo-Realistic Cars and Tracks – Nearly 70 licensed cars are available including the Pagani Zonda F, Audi RS4, and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.
- OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3) / Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) / Windows 7
- Processor: 1.6GHz Intel Core2 or faster/AMD X2 3800+ or faster
- Memory: (Windows XP) 1 GB RAM; (Windows Vista/Windows 7) 1.5 GB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 3.0*
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Hard Drive: 6 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Controller Support: USB Steering Wheel/Dual Analog Gamepad
- Online Multiplayer: 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 players