The pre-paid cards spell good news for many reasons.
- Credit card details are no longer required to buy Minecraft. Handy if your mum/gran/rabbit doesn’t like handing over numbers online.
- You can buy Minecraft for real-life money taken from a wallet, pocket, or piggy bank. Not just any wallet, pocket, or piggy bank – one you’re allowed to access. Otherwise it’s stealing. Stealing is bad.
- It’s now possible to slip Minecraft into a birthday/Christmas card as a surprise bonus gift. What a nice thing to do.
- Cards can be sent anywhere in the world! So long as they have an internet connection, the recipient can redeem the code and download the game. Cheap postage, maximum Minecraft.
Redeeming your Minecraft Game Card
1. Create an account at account.mojang.com/register.
2. Check your email for a verification email from Mojang.
3. After you have registered a Mojang account, you can redeem your prepaid card or gift code at https://minecraft.net/redeem/#redeem